Phillipians 4:13 ESV

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Phil. 4:13 ESV

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Seeking Perfection....No More Perfect Moms

I first heard about Jill Savage at last fall's Hearts at Home conference.  I highly recommend any and all moms go to this conference if you are able. There's something for everyone! At the conference, we were given an excerpt from here new book "No More Perfect Moms". I finally bought her book and it's been wonderful so far.

I started reading it because I've been spending a lot of time criticizing my parenting skills and nearly everything else....house cleaning, food, activities, you name it! I agree with Jill Savage when she says the media has "air brushed" our world to make us think everyone and everything should be perfect all the time. So many social networks have made it easy to only show the "perfect" side of our lives.

I'm going to lay it out there...It's been a rough week. I don't do well with lack of sleep. This constant rain and weeds has triggered my asthma so I haven't been sleeping well. Add to that nightly thunderstorms, children that won't sleep and a sick child...mommy is about to go crazy from lack of good decent sleep. So you may see me post on facebook about quilting and other things, but take into account that I have quite a few steam burns from my iron and need pricks from quilting. My reaction time is down from being so tired...quilting injuries! But I still need a creative outlet.

So, if you've been thinking you don't measure up to that "perfect" woman in your neighborhood, "perfect" mother at church, "perfect" children in the grocery store...think again and read Jill Savage's latest book.


http://www.hearts-at-home.org/index.php/nmpm-home

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Oh how mom's(and everyone) need to hear these reminders. Thank you Katie. Thank you also for being so open!

    ReplyDelete