Phillipians 4:13 ESV

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Phil. 4:13 ESV

Friday, June 1, 2012

Turmoil in the American Dream

Turmoil...confusion...inner conflict. I feel it. I feel it every time God presses on my heart to do something against the status quo...against the American Dream. More is better. Watch out for Number One. Super-size everything. What's a Christian to do in this materialistic society we live in?

I think that David Platt's book Radical has some answers. He asks if you would really "take up the cross" and follow Jesus. He goes into what that really means...what did it mean and biblical times and what does it mean today?

Growing up in the current climate here in the US might seem like the perfect place to spread the gospel. We have protection under free speech and little worry about any true dangerous persecution. BUT have we become complacent in our comfort?

I encourage you to read Radical and really think about how you live your life. I am only about 4 chapters into this book and it has really made me think about whether I am living a truly Christian life.

Here is a wonderful song to remind us what we should really be giving up to live in line with what God bids us do in the Bible. Sidewalk Prophets - You Can Have Me

No comments:

Post a Comment