Phillipians 4:13 ESV

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Phil. 4:13 ESV

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When God Answers Prayers

I have seen so many people in need these last few weeks. My heart breaks for them and their families and I'm trying to do all that I can do to help. There was one person in particular I felt called to help. She is a single mother struggling with cancer. I gathered what I could for her for food and other resources and sent her a note saying that I wanted to help watch her 4 yr old if she needed. I didn't hear anything for a while. 

Today I urgently asked God to use me. Please, God please use me today. Well...to my surprise (why do these things still surprise me?!?!?) she called me just before I was leaving to take my daughter to school. The chemo is really taking it's toll this time and she wants her daughter to have someone to play with. I'm going to help her out as much as I can. I was amazed at how fast God can answer prayers. I am guessing that I am an answer to her prayers too. 

What do you pray for? Do you pray for other people and for God to change YOU? That has been my most fervent prayer as of late...change ME so that I can help people.

This was the verse today in my daily devotion: "So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing." 1 Cor. 9:26 NLT

I am still trying to find my purpose in life, but right now it seems to get myself into better mental and physical shape so I can really truly help people when they need it.

1 comment:

  1. This posting is bringing back to mind some interesting things I have been told over the years about prayer.

    One was when I was talking about prayer with our pastor and he reminded me that sometimes God's answer is "no". That often doesn't occur to people and they just think they didn't get an answer.

    The other thing that a friend told me that I was so very thankful to hear, was when things in my life started to unfold into chaos. I had always prided myself on helping others, being there for others and had a purpose on this earth in that respect. She told me that I just had a new purpose. My purpose now was to accept the help and the prayers.

    Just think of Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 - there is a time for everything. Sometimes we have time to pray and do for others and sometimes, we have to BE the "other". I am thankful that there are people like you out there doing things for others.

    When I am in the midst of my chaos and I hear of others in need. I always try to find time to pray for them. At a bare minimum, I use this line from the Lord's Prayer "Thy will be done".

    So as you try to find your purpose, just remember, it may not always stay the same.

    ReplyDelete