Phillipians 4:13 ESV

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Phil. 4:13 ESV

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ooohhhh....the Temptation!

It's finally here...Cyber Monday! I'm really feeling the burning desire to sit at home and spend money. I'm beginning to think that Cyber Monday for spendaholics like me is similar to alcohol to alcoholics. I'm nearly twitching in my chair as I write this...I have a million other things I should be doing, but I'm thinking about all the "deals" that I'm missing out on. 

Yesterday at church, pastor talked about how we all have a few "troubled spots" in our lives that we keep coming back to. It could be out of control spending, anger issues, or other temptations. If we have temptations that we find ourselves coming back to time and time again, we should equip ourselves with the armor God has given us to fight such thoughts. Memorize scriptures. He suggested to start by having 7 scriptures that relate to our temptations or reoccurring sins. Amen. I really need to equip myself with verses regarding self-control. 



No comments:

Post a Comment