Phillipians 4:13 ESV

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Phil. 4:13 ESV

Friday, April 13, 2012

What does it mean to be the Lord's light? I think it means shining through the darkness in our life--whatever it is. The darkness could be an illness, an unpleasant person in your life, your past, anything that weighs on you. I do struggle to be a light through the darkness and I doubt I am alone. Jesus does offer us a way to let go of the things weighing on our hearts.

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."    Matt. 11: 28-30 ESV

Sometimes I need a song to remind me how to do this. My new favorite song is by Newworldson called Learning To Be The Light

No comments:

Post a Comment